Day of vs Month of Wedding Planning
What does it all mean?
Call it what you like, but the bottom line won’t change; a wedding coordinator is essential in making sure your wedding day runs smoothly.
The continuous pendulum swing from “day of” to “month of”, and back again, has understandably caused some confusion. With that in mind, we are here to break it down once and for all!
A coordinator is there to do just that- Coordinate! Think of it as project management. Your coordinator is there to make sure all moving pieces are in place, all standards are followed and ensure that everything is smooth and logistically sound. In a nutshell, we run around behind the scenes to ensure the wedding is fun and organized for you and your guests.
Now, would you want to meet your trusted coordinator and express all your hopes and dreams for the first time on your wedding day?! Absolutely NOT! Thus, the idea of “month of” was introduced. It is not just the wedding day, but all the work that leads up to it that truly helps everything go off without a hitch.
At Bella Luna we are HUGE on being proactive! We like to take some serious time to meet our couples, get to know them, and finalize all details so the big day will be seamless. We help build the layout, timeline, update all details with vendors, do last minute damage control and become the point person for anything that pops up. This allows our couples to go into their wedding day stress free and excited about marrying their love!
While we are there coordinating on the “day of” we will start with you 6 weeks prior to make sure everything is in tip top shape! This crucial time ahead of the actual wedding day, is why calling it “day of coordinating” can be misleading.
So call it what you like (it really is just semantics) and rest assured we will be there with you to make sure your big day, and the weeks leading up to it, run smoothly!
Services begin 6 weeks prior to wedding day!
Our Day of Coordinating option includes the following:
- Two face-to-face consultations prior to wedding day to discuss details
- Unlimited emails and phone conversations for finalizing wedding day logistics
- Create a detailed wedding day timeline (from setup to break down) for couple to
confirm and approve
- Create ceremony and reception layout based on final guest count
- Personally contact all vendors and introduce ourselves as your coordinator
- Review and confirm wedding day timeline with vendors
- Attend final venue walk through to familiarize with event space, seating & room layout
for ceremony & reception
- Arrange & coordinate wedding rehearsal
- Upon request, provide itinerary to wedding party with wedding day specifics
- Complete wedding day coordination (10 hours) including setup/breakdown
- One additional assistant available on wedding day for up to 200 guests
- Oversee vendor setup of ceremony and reception space
- Point of contact for all vendors (filter questions, approve deliveries, troubleshoot)
- Set up personal decor, such as card box, toasting flutes, special photos, guest book,
unity candle, place cards, table numbers, seating chart
- Assist bride/groom and wedding party as needed prior to ceremony
- Distribute bridal bouquet, bridesmaid bouquets, boutonnieres, and corsages
- Organize wedding party to ensure everyone is in place and ready for ceremony
- Orchestrate couple’s entrance, wedding toasts, speeches, special dances, bouquet
toss, garter toss, and grand exit to adhere to timeline
- Collect personal items/gifts and ensure they are in designated vehicle and ready for
the end of the night
Day of Wedding Planning Service Areas
Bella Luna Bridal offers personalized wedding design and planning services for couples throughout Houston and surrounding areas. Our experience working with Texas’ top vendors and venues allows us to deliver flawless wedding days for all our couples.
We happily work throughout these Texas cities and more: